Lists & Data
Every company has data, including lists of prospects, customers and transactional data. Whether it’s in a CRM system, in separate Excel spreadsheets, or stuffed into filing cabinets, the fact remains -- your data is a valuable company asset.
|“Companies that put data at the center of their marketing and sales decisions improve their marketing return on investment (MROI) by 15 – 20%”|
Types of lists:
- Your Target Market: all eligible companies for your industry, segmented by vertical or other breakout. These companies should be looking for you, and your marketing should help them find you.
- Your Prospects and Leads: companies who have taken some form of action to learn more; acquired through outbound or inbound marketing.
- Your Customers: companies who have made a purchase, and should have a dedicated retention and growth strategy.
Ways to grow your lists:
- Lead generation programs
- Landing pages on your website
- Social media
When your lists and your data are combined and analyzed (often referred to as Big Data), key insights are revealed:
- A clear picture of your pipeline status
- Insight into the health and wealth of your customer base
- Ways to improve effectiveness of lead generation
- Which content is best for each target segment and buying stage
- Other key indicators
Ultimately, your data belongs in a usable repository such as Salesforce.com or similar CRM.
Using your company’s data may seem daunting, but it is critical for long-term success. Looking at your data is like having a roadmap for where to turn next in your company’s journey.
|Download a Lists and Data Checklist for a Self-Assessment|